Explore our free resources for small business owners and entrepreneurs in Northwest Alberta.
In Spring 2021, a joint project between Community Futures and the Business Link was initiated to develop shared Small Business resources.
This partnership agreement is in place until March 2024.
Small Business Start-up Guide
Simplify your start-up “to do’s” with this helpful guide. Join us and our partners at Business Link as we walk you through all the steps involved to turn your business idea into reality.
- Loan Application
- Business Plan Guide
- Starting a Business in the Mackenzie Region Information Package
- Alberta Treasury
- Government of Alberta
- Alberta Economic Development
- Northern Alberta Development Council's (NADC)
- Regional Economic Development Initiative (REDI)
- Action North Recovery Centre
- Western Economic Diversification
- Goforth Institute
- Revenue Canada
- Community Futures Alberta
- High Level & District Chamber of Commerce
- La Crete & Area Chamber of Commerce
- Northern Alberta Development Council's (NADC) - NADC's mission is to identify and implement measures that will advance northern development, as well as advise government on opportunities and issues. The NADC is a regional development council of and for northerners. They act as a catalyst to identify, prioritize and analyze northern economic issues and opportunities. They do this in partnership with the private sector, communities, economic development agencies, aboriginal groups and government departments. Visit their site to learn more.
- Alberta Economic Development - Alberta Economic Development's site contains information such as trade and investment opportunities, tourism information and market profiles intended to help Alberta businesses identify foreign market opportunities and learn more about specific markets.
- Government of Alberta - This website is your link to the Provincial Government. It contains information on programs and services, a list of ministries and contacts, news, publications, and employee listings.
- SME Direct - Gain access to a wealth of small business information available through Industry Canada.
- com Small Business Planning Centre - In-depth site of how to start a business.
- ENTERWeb - Quality source of information on small business, finance, community development, international trade, entrepreneurship, enterprise development, and the economy.
- GoForth Institute - If you're looking to bolster your understanding of how to start, run or grow a successful and profitable business, learn GoForth Institute's 100 Essential Small Business Skills™ in only 10 hours conveniently delivered to your computer through streaming video and an option 400+ page resource curriculum book.
- Workink - An online career development AND employment portal for Canadians with disabilities.
- Alberta Works - offers employment and career resources, training supports, Alberta job & career fairs, income support, and health benefits
- Alberta/Canada Job Grant - Train the workers you need. The Alberta-Canada job grant can help fund training for your new or current employees
- Citizenship and Immigration Canada - Express Entry Information for Employers - You can fill labour market shortages permanently with skilled foreign nationals.
- BDC Entrepreneurs First - Business Development Bank of Canada's entrepreneurship opportunities.
- Futurpreneur - Assisting young entrepreneurs to get their ideas off the ground, Youth Business offers programs and services that allow them to achieve economic independence, develop self-confidence, and fulfill their goals of self-employment.
- The Youth Entrepreneur's Network - An online community that supports the needs of young entrepreneurs from around the world as they attempt to build and thrive in their own businesses
- Youth Café - Government of Canada website for youth seeking employment opportunities.
- Aboriginal Youth Business Council
- Business Link Indigenous Services
- BDC Indigenous Entrepreneur
- Indigenous Services Canada
Government of Alberta
- Government of Alberta
- Alberta Grants & Funding
- Alberta Investor Tax Credit (AITC)
- Alberta Small Business Resources
- Business and Economy
- Canada-Alberta Job Grant
- Community (Local) Economic Development
- Agriculture & Forestry
- Economic Development & Trade
- Alberta Canada
- BizPal Alberta
- Business in Alberta
- Corporate Registries
- Advanced Education
- Occupational Health & Safety
- Service Alberta
- Working in Alberta
- Community and Regional Economic Development Funding Opportunities
Government of Canada
- The Government of Canada
- Agriculture & Agrifood Canada
- Canada Border Services Agency
- Canada Business Network - General Links
- Canada Business Service Centre
- Canadian Industry Statistics
- The Western Canada Business Service Network (WCBSN)
- Canada Revenue Agency
- Global Affairs Canada
- Employment & Social Development Canada
- Innovation, Science & Economic Development Canada
- Service Canada
- Statistics Canada
- Trade Commissioner Service Canada
- Western Canada Economic Diversification
Entrepreneurs with Disabilities
Francophone Economic Development Organization
Business Education & Other Resources
- Agriculture Financial Services
- Alberta Innovates
- Alberta Women Entrepreneurs
- Business Development Bank of Canada (BDC)
- Business Link
- Canadian Commercial Corporation
- Dun and Bradstreet Business Information Services
- Entrepreneur's Organization
- Farm Credit Canada
- The Go Forth Institute For Entrepreneurial Skills Development
- The World Bank
- Women's Enterprise Centre
Let’s see what we can do for your business
Give us a call, send us an email, or drop in for a chat.